HIA-LI Recognizes Finalists for Prestigious 17th Annual Business Achievement Awards
Elite Group Represents Top Contenders for Celebrated Long Island Business Recognition; Winners will be Announced during 2011 HIA-LI Annual Business Achievement Awards Gala Luncheon, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at Crest Hollow Country Club
HAUPPAUGE, NEW YORK, AUGUST 8, 2010 – HIA-LI, the recognized voice for business on Long Island, is pleased to announce the finalists for the prestigious HIA-LI 17th Annual Business Achievement Awards competition. Winners will be announced during a gala luncheon event held at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, NY, 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM, Tuesday, September 13, 2011. More information about the awards event is available at: http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2011.
“HIA-LI is pleased to recognize these finalists who are among the best run and highest performing companies on Long Island for our HIA-LI Business Achievement Awards competition,” said Terri Alessi-Miceli, President of HIA-LI. “These companies have been selected among those nominated in recognition of their achievements in industry leadership, creativity, successful business operations, corporate vision, and other characteristics vital to developing and growing a winning organization.”
Finalists in the HIA-LI 17th Annual Business Achievement Awards competition in four separate business categories are:
Large Businesses (100 or more employees):
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals (http://www.amneal.com/) – a generic drug manufacturer with manufacturing facilities in Hauppauge, NY
- Delta Computer Group (http://www.deltacomputergroup.com/) – a full-service technology provider located in Farmingdale, NY
- Grassi & Company (http://www.grassicpas.com/) – a certified public accounting firm headquartered in Jericho, NY
- Posillico Group (http://www.posillicogroup.com/) – a construction services company headquartered in Farmingdale, NY
Small Businesses (less than 100 employees):
- Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP (http://www.cmmllp.com/) – a law firm located in Bohemia, NY
- Fuoco Group (http://www.fuoco.com/) – an accounting and consulting organization headquartered in Hauppauge, NY
- Sunation Solar Systems (http://sunpowersystems.net/) – a solar contractor located in Oakdale, NY
Rookie of the Year (companies that have been operating less than five years):
- Bizmark Golf (http://www.bizmarkgolf.com/) – a golfing accessory manufacturing company located in Westbury, NY
- Island Pro Digital (http://www.islandprodigital.com/) – a printing and media fabrication company located in Islandia, NY
- Vetter Environmental Sciences, Inc. (http://www.vescience.com/) – an environmental testing and remediation firm located in Smithton, NY
- Community Development Corp. of Long Island (http://www.cdcli.org/) – supporting Long Islanders pursuing their housing and small business dreams; located in Freeport, NY
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of Suffolk County (http://www.makeawish-suffolkny.org/) – granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions; located in Ronkonkoma, NY
- Seatuck Environmental Association (http://seatuck.org/) – dedicated to promoting the conservation of Long Island’s wildlife and environment; located in Islip, NY
- YMCA of Long Island, Inc. (http://ymcali.org/) – dedicated to improving the quality of life of children, adults and families; headquartered in Glen Cove
Special Innovation Award
- NEFCU (https://www.mynefcu.org/) – a credit union serving Nassau and Suffolk Counties; headquartered in Westbury, NY
In choosing the finalists, the selection committee considered multiple factors. The award criteria include:
- Positive employer/employee relations
- Commitment to the growth or betterment of the Long Island business community
- Revenue and profitability trends over the last three years
- Three to five year vision for the company’s future
Additional criteria that were considered include:
- Recent outstanding accomplishments
- Technical innovation or innovative processes
- Expansion into new markets
- Industry leadership
- Overcoming adversity
“Our finalists’ ability to operate their businesses more effectively, efficiently and creatively is the key to their success,” continued Ms. Alessi-Miceli. “We encourage all Long Island area businesspersons to attend the HIA-LI Business Achievement Awards luncheon where they will find a forum to learn from peer success stories that are critical to their own success.”
Award and event sponsors to date include: ClearVision Optical, Inc.; Communication Strategy Group; Crest Hollow Country Club; Event Kings; Fuoco Group, Girl Scouts of Suffolk County; Holzmacher, McLendon & Murrell, P.C. (H2M); Irwin Contracting Inc.; Newsday, People’s Alliance Federal Credit Union (PAFCU); Stalco Construction; Stony Brook University; Suffolk County National Bank; Vormittag (VAI), Inc. and Verizon.
Past winners and finalists include: Allstate Insurance; Clear Vision Optical; Community Development Corp.; EAC, Inc., H2M; mindSHIFT Technologies; Middle Country Public Library, Stalco Construction and VAI, Inc.
Those interested in attending the luncheon, or companies interested in becoming sponsors, should visit http://bit.ly/hia-li-baa-event-2011 or contact Alicia Figueras at HIA-LI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-543-5355.
HIA-LI helps Long Island businesses prosper. For over 30 years, we have been the recognized voice for business on Long Island and a powerful force and economic engine for regional development. We provide a forum for business leaders to network, problem solve and obtain advice on critical issues facing their businesses. Our member companies represent tens of thousands of business professionals. We’re headquartered in and support one of the largest industrial parks in the United States. HIA-LI programs and events promote strategic partnerships, targeted networking, and information sharing and business advocacy. Members benefit from our committees, educational programs, career resources, research capabilities, mentoring opportunities and business advisory services. For more information, visit https://www.hia-li.org or call 631-543-5355.
Arthur Germain, Communication Strategy Group, for HIA-LI 1-866-997-2424; email@example.com